- National Network Aimed at Closing the Gap in Disparities
SelfMade Health Network (SMHN) is part of the CDC’s consortium of national organizations to advance the prevention of commercial tobacco use and cancer in populations experiencing tobacco- and cancer-related health disparities.
- Every Smoker, Every Time is a free online training providing entry level tobacco use-related education for behavioral and primary health care staff, pharmacists, counselors, social workers, dental providers
Every Smoker, Every Time includes information on effective brief intervention, nicotine replacement therapy (NRT), and referral options. You can complete the Every Smoker, Every Time training (45 minutes) from your work place or home computer and receive a completion email after passing a post-test with a score of at least 80%. The training is based on effective, validated tobacco dependence treatments and practices found in the AHRQ guidelines, Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence: 2008 Update – Clinical Practice Guide.
The Every Smoker, Every Time training is part of the entry point process for individuals to be included on the Pre-Approved Tobacco Cessation Registry maintained by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- View the Pharmacotherapy treatment list for tobacco dependence
Additional training for pharmacists is provided by the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association. The training is recommended for pharmacists who want to be listed on the Pre-Approved Tobacco Cessation Registry and identified as a Medicaid Tobacco Cessation Counselor.
- Tobacco Cessation Counseling for PA Pharmacists: Modules 1 and 2 (2 hours, CE credit available)
Additional training for dental licensees is provided by the PA Coalition for Oral Health. The training is recommended for dental licensees who want to be listed on the Pre-Approved Tobacco Cessation Registry and identified as a Medicaid Tobacco Cessation Counselor.
- Integrating Nicotine Dependence Treatment with Oral Health (INDTOH) training webinar, for details visit paoralhealth.org/webinars (2 hours, CE credit available)